Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The First Piece of My Patchwork

    For some time I have wanted to start a blog, but wasn't sure what to name it and truthfully just had not taken the time to get one started.  Until last night!  With my Momma's help I settled on "Simple Patchwork Prose", because my life is a patchwork made up of many pieces(God, Family, Church, 4H, Hobbies, etc.) and when I write about a "piece", I'll use prose to describe how its part of the patchwork. 
    Before, when I heard the word "prose", I always thought that it was a type of poetry. I decided to look it up last night. The following is the definition of prose from the "1828 American Dictionary of the English Language" by Noah Webster: "Prose, n. 1. The natural language of man; language loose and unconfined to poetical measure, as opposed to verse and metrical compisition."  I couldn't think of a better way to write, when describing the day-to-day happenings and passions of life.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and love the colors and title for your blog. I look forward to reading many more posts to come in the future.

    Love Ya!

    Aunt E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting a new blog! It is very exciting! I, a little over a week ago, started one as well! My blog is MannaFromHeavenACouponBlog.blogspot.com, if you can, stop by it sometime. God bless your blog!=)

    ReplyDelete